Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You're back!

Hey you!
You came back. I'm surprised. I really am sorry about my last post, but we had to understand each other - you needed to know where I'm coming from. And the saga unfolds. Just today a new installment was born, hot off the...well...you know what I mean. My Life has become even more Backwards than it was before. At least I think so. You can be the judge. Oh, yes - my story: here we go.

So, we're back to Pete. Or he's back to us, I'm not sure which. Apparently, he has a girlfriend now. They go to high school together, he's taking her to prom, how sweet. I don't mind, the last thing I would be is jealous. But I did notice something 2 days ago: his Facebook status. Now, I'm not going to tell you his name just so you don't go and harass him for being such a jerk to a nice girl like me, but he does have Facebook. And he lives in the U.S. That should narrow it down a bit. His status happened to be the first verse of a song that he told me (back when we were friends) was 'our song.' He said it just absolutely fit everything about how he felt about me and the way we were together. Blah blah blah.
Anyway, that was his status, followed by alot of little hearts and some winky faces, obviously dedicated to his new flame. How nice (umm...not?). I just thought it rather ironic because here he has been calling me a player who gets her high from toying with guys and then throwing them away like garbage, and he's the one recycling old love songs? I felt bad for little Susie, the girl (names have been changed!). I know I wouldn't appreciate that.

And so, right at that moment, I wanted him to see the hypocrisy of his status, so I posted a biting little comment underneath, saying something like (I can't quote exactly because he unfriended me right after. It seems to be the mature thing to do these days when you don't want to deal with someone. Who knew?) "This seems oddly familiar...oh, right, wasn't it supposed to be our song? :) Maybe it's time to get some new material..and you call me the player?"

Sure, it wasn't nice. I never meant to be nice. It was supposed to jog his memory a bit about being so quick to point fingers. But, of course, since MLIB, it did just the opposite. Instead, he came after me and faulted me for 'not being over it' and tormenting him with his messed up past. Mmmhhm. That's right - I'm the one that hasn't made my peace. Because, apparently, he's forgiven me, even though he's still really angry. Don't ask me to explain the logic...he didn't use any.

So, since he has such profound such issues (still) with me and how things went, I decided we should meet together with our youth pastor to work things through. But noo...of course not. I was all ready to meet, but he didn't show. So now we have to postpone...until who knows when. I just was really disappointed because I was really ready to be done with this whole problem. Unlike most teens, I absolutely abhor drama and unnecessary conflict. I'd rather just skip around, enjoying the sunlight and humming a nice, upbeat Owl City song. But, of course, since MLIB, the one person who hates all the hype and drama gets more than enough for several people!

Argh. Yes, I suppose today's post was a lot like the last one. Why do you even care about the infinitesimal, gory details of teenage drama? Maybe you don't. I know I don't. But, I suppose I should thank you for the support, all the same. So thanks. Even if you are 50, 92, or 5, it means something to have a friend. Even if you are just on the internet.

Stay tuned for scenes from the next MLIB!

- Moj život je natrag!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Soph! Teenage years are not trivial and neither is the drama that goes with it-its tough and exhausting. But if you are anything like me, and I must say that you are, you will come out the other side and be glad that you stayed true to who you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry... but hey at least you have interesting blog material. I'm sure Pete's "Strong" relationship will last a stunning month or so in which they are completely and utterly droolingly divine. Who gives a rip? Not me. And by the way... you're wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete