Sunday, March 21, 2010

"I'm sorry!"

I must have said that about a million times each hour for the past few days. No, I didn't commit any heinous crimes, I just was sneezing, coughing, or generally just laying in bed feeling awful. Who did I apologize to for these awful sins? My loving mother. You see, for the first 24, 48, or even 72 hours of an illness, my compassionate Mama will extend the hand of mercy, doting on a sick child, taking them special things to eat, and even just rubbing them when they feel horrid. But...after those token 'sick days,' it's no Mrs. Nice Nurse! While she would never (well, not usually) openly be hostile to someone who is sick, her tolerance will definitely dim after she feels your immune system has had enough time to heal.

The way my mother was raised, you had an alloted amount of sick days a year: 1. If you exceeded that one day, her parents would extend no sympathy. So, she feels she is being very kind if she gives you 2 whole days together! That should definitely be enough. After that, you're on your own. However, with My Backwards Life, I get sick...allll the time. I'm not even joking. Whether it has something to do with a weak constitution, my extreme allergic reaction to anything remotely healthy or green, or maybe just natural selection, my body simply does not want to stay healthy. My tendency towards sickness might also have something to do with my spending a large amount of my time with drooly, spitty, sneezy, whiny children. Maybe just a little.

But, whatever the reason, my body will just decide to give me a cough, achy muscles, a terribly runny nose, or a million other things. Let me tell you, it is extremely annoying. I like feeling ok, I really do. So, dear reader, that is the (however lame or wimpy) reason I have for not updating my splendid blog for a whole 5 days. So, just like my wonderful mother, I will tell you, "I'm sorry!"

I really don't have much new on the Pete front to share, except for the fact that we are supposed to meet soon. His parents are working it out with mine, along with our awesome youth pastor. Ah well, the sooner the better. Then I will be free to start playing with some other poor unfortunate soul's emotions, and then 'dumping him like so much trash.' Hah! I can't tell you how funny that sounds to me. As if I would ever play with a guy for fun - I'm probably the last person you would call a 'player.'

Having a blog is fun because you can express yourself in more than 140 (or 180, as Facebook rules) characters. I find it difficult to sum up a whole day in a sentence. I don't know if it's just me, but I usually come up with several possible statuses each day. However, I sort of made it a rule only to update once a day. I don't want to become one of those people who spends their time living their life on Facebook instead of actually experiencing it for real. I do have the habit of rephrasing each interesting event that happens to me as a status. Then I'm in a quandary next time I sign in because I can't decide which one is the most riveting. For that reason, I often just put something boring or mainstream.

Is it just me? 'Cause I'm probably going to log on right after I post this and say, "Just posted a new blog post. Go read it, people! smiley face" or something along those lines. Then again, I wouldn't put "coughed about 100 times in the last 30 minutes. Sneezed alot. Blew my nose so much it's red." I mean, nothing shouts 'loser' more than a status that doesn't even get 'liked.'

I'm sorry. - Look! I said it again. This time I was apologizing for rambling. I'm probably wasting your time. Leave a comment with your thoughts about 'status living,' being sick all the time, or how uninteresting you thought this post was. Anything along those lines.

Thanks for experiencing my mundane existence with me, once again!

- Ma vie est à l'envers!

P.S. Are you an Even Lysacek fan? You know, that guy who won gold for America in the Men's Figure Skating in the Olympics? Well, if you are, he's going to be on Dancing With the Stars (I know, I know, I'm only going to watch because I like him!) Monday at 8 pm on ABC. Don't miss it! :)

1 comment:

  1. You were sick for way longer than 48 hours. And then you had the nerve to pass the sickness on to me. You owe me a huge, "I'm sorry." Or at least bring me breakfast.....

    ReplyDelete