Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Don'tmessupDon'tmessupDon'tmessup

Hey guys,

Now as most of you probably know, I'm a huge Owl City fan. Adam Young, the man behind the music, is such an amazing witness for fellow Christians and the world at large. He manages to make music that is not strictly - or even blatantly - gospel, while still glorifying God with his life, actions, and testimony. He is very open about who he is and the part that his faith plays in his life, while still coming across as humble and kind, and not overly 'preachy.' Not to mention that his music is one of the best things I've heard - ever. Like I said, huge fan right here.

It just so happens that Mr. Young has a blog. It's one of my very favorites. He has such a playful and childlike way of explaining things, along with being deeply emotive and expressive using words. His musings are a great testimony that anyone can be a great writer, even if they're just sharing their thoughts with the world. I'm not here to only sing Adam's praises, though. My purpose today is to share with you one recent blog post that really impacted me in a big way. Here he shares his personal experiences with meeting someone for a split second and wanting so much to say something, but being unable to speak up due to paralyzing shyness, among other things. (The other things he touched on are also really significant, like the importance of waiting for your One True Love, seeing girls as 'beautiful' as opposed to 'hot,' and asking God to keep your future spouse close, safe, and for them to grow continually in Him - all things that I really appreciated.)

Believe it or not, when it comes to times like this, I can completely relate. There have been so many times that this has happened to me because I just don't want to mess things up. The pressure to not come across as nerdy, uncool, or awkward is so great that it seems easier to just stay silent. However, I've really been thinking about that. I've come to the conclusion that it shouldn't matter if you are unconditionally nerdy, or irrevocably awkward, or completely uncool. Because, as trite and silly as it sounds, whoever you want to impress should be happy just to know the real you. The true test will be to take my own advice . . . I wonder how that will go.

On this subject, My Life is Backwards because, while I'm usually so forward and outgoing, when it comes to making a vital impression on a very important person, I'm always the first to fade right into the woodwork and keep as silent and as beneath notice as possible - at least until now...

- Moje życie jest do tyłu.

~ Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment