Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Failure as a blogger, thy name is Sophia

Ohmygoodness! I cannot believe I am such an awful blogger. It's just been, like I said last time, without a whole lot of dilemma, conflict, and crisis. Which makes for a pretty humdrum life, if you know what I mean. But whoever said anything was wrong with humdrum? It's probably better than constantly being in emotional and intellectual turmoil. At least that's what I think. However, it does make me feel pretty silly writing to the interweb along the lines of, "Today I went to the dentist. I need to get a filling in one of my molars, or I might get a cavity." or even the highly riveting, "Today I electrocuted myself. It hurt for a couple of minutes, and then it didn't anymore." Personally, that sounds a bit more like a MyLifeIsAverage post than a MyLifeIsBackwards one.

One piece of fun information, though - I got my permit! I finally have a photo ID, which - gasp - I have never ever had! When I wanted to go tanning a while ago, I had to bring in my birth certificate and my social security card. That's a bit much - all they wanted was a school ID or something, but, of course - I'm 'home educated,' so I did not have anything to prove I was who I said I was. It was the same story with me riding the train from Rochester, NY to Albany (which was the best time I've had in a while, by the way).

Anyway, I passed the test with a 100%. The hard part was getting my parents (who somehow still think of me as 10 years old) to let me get behind the steering wheel. I have to admit, it is pretty scary, operating an enormous piece of 'heavy machinery.' But I was pretty proud of myself for passing that adult-ish milestone. My parents were shocked back on December 6th when I didn't demand to be taken to the DMV because of my 16-year-old-ness. I just wasn't motivated. I am now, however, and I'm really enjoying the experience of learning something so new and strange. I still accidentally turn on the windshield wipers when I mean to put on my signal (which, for some reason, I call 'blinking'). I said to my brother on our first drive, "Oh! I should have blinked at that corner, shouldn't I?" He was extremely confused for a second, before figuring out what I meant to say. Since then, I can't think of anything else to call 'putting on the signal.'

[Biiig sigh] Well, now I feel better about life. I am no longer falling down on the job with this bloggy-thing. Except, I can't think of a reason My Life Is Backward...
I'm sure there's some reason! :) Maybe you could come up with some of the times your Life Is Backwards and leave it in the comments for me to mull over?

- Твојот живот е наназад!

P.S. In case you don't speak Macedonian like me (heavy sarcasm), that's the language used above.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Sophie, I also have a dull life right now, and I can't even drive yet. At least you have that going for ya. And my life is backwards because I've liked the same person for about 2 1/2 years now... still nothing. And as a middle child in my family, I get the least attention. I don't have any issues, so why pay attention to me, you know what I'm saying?
    But really what is average? To measure if someone is "average" or "normal" is something that cannot be done, because think about it; who is normal? Who isn't weird and above or below average?
    Everyone has a MLIB situation in their life, and consider yourself blessed that you don't have one currently. I hoped this helped you, and i look forward to reading more of your work, because you are gifted. Continue with your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie, so I just read this and it made me laugh! Which is a good thing. ;) But I just wanted to say that you are a really good writer. I love reading what you write. And that is awesome that you got your permit! I can't wait til I get mine in a couple of months....

    ReplyDelete